- Our Councillors are not Whipped like the other mainstream parties so our Councillors can vote for YOU and not for the interests of their party. Only UKIP can offer a Councillor that will fight for YOU and not for political gain.
- UKIP are the only party that is 100% opposed to the EU, by voting UKIP on May 5th you give us more power to prevent EU regulations that damage our Councils.
- UKIP are the only party that opposed the 3.99% Council Tax rise and by electing UKIP Councillors we can prevent this happening again. UKIP believe funding should be taken from our EU membership fee; Not from the hardworking people of Walsall.
- Our Candidates come from a wide range of age groups and backgrounds, only by electing UKIP Councillors will you get representation from all sectors of society; Not just from the Political Elite like the mainstream parties.
- Labour, Conservatives and the Lib Dems have forgotten about smaller suburbs like Willenhall, Darlaston, Bloxwich and Brownhills in the pursuit of reviving the Town centre; UKIP will fight for the smaller forgotten areas because we believe every area in Walsall should thrive, not just the centre.
Last night, members of Ukip Walsall voted unanimously in favour for Anthony Thompson to become Ukip’s prospective parliamentary candidate for Aldridge-Brownhills following Paul White’s resignation.
Anthony said, “As a businessman from the West Midlands with strong roots in the Black Country, I am delighted to have been selected as the prospective parliamentary candidate for Aldridge-Brownhills. I am eager to begin my campaign to win this seat for Ukip, the only party that can be trusted on the key issues that I believe the people of this constituency really care about.”
The UK Independence Party will:
- spend an extra £3 billion per year on our ailing NHS and introduce free hospital parking
- leave the European Union and control immigration
- invest in elderly care and cut foreign aid
- scrap tuition fees for real degrees and reverse the Conservative led Coalition’s perilous cuts to our armed forces
“The Ukip Group on Walsall Council are disappointed that the Council have voted to increase Council Tax by 1.99%. This means that a Band D property will now be charged £1,410.26 at a time when residents are still struggling to balance their finances.”
“Ukip Councillors proposed that Council Tax be frozen at the 2014/15 rates and that the valuation bands be retained. This would have reduced the tax collection by £1.8 million, however, by freezing Council Tax we would have qualified for a Government grant of £1.1 million – so the net reduction would have been £687,000. Regrettably this Ukip proposal was defeated.”
“Although the subsequent agreement between Labour and Conservative members meant that two of our proposals – the temporary removal of the threat of library closures and street cleaning services – were adopted, Ukip Councillors were not able to support the proposed increase in Council Tax. The Ukip Group believes that it is simply unfair to raise taxes on residents whilst their local services are being reduced and therefore voted against the budget.”
Cllr Liz Hazell
Ukip Group Leader
“I can confirm that Paul White has resigned his position as Ukip PPC for Aldridge-Brownhills.”
“Having left Walsall for pastures new last year, Paul no longer feels that he can effectively campaign for a seat so far away from his new home. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Paul for his tremendous contributions to the Ukip Walsall Branch and wish him every success for the future.”
“Ukip is now in the process of selecting a replacement candidate for Aldridge-Brownhills and we will provide further updates once this process is complete.”